Electronics By Design can transform your idea into a complete product – from concept to production. We have a fully equipped design studio with development tools and resources or we can work at your premises.
Whether you are a looking to complement your in-house product development team with specialist electronics engineering skills, or looking for a complete turnkey product development service, Electronics By Design can assist your organisation achieve your objectives, on time and on budget.
Our specialist service includes:
Product Development and Project Management
- Development of product and design specifications
- Project Management
- Microprocessors and microcontrollers up to 32 bit including Microchip, Atmel and MediaTek MT3620 for Azure
- Ethernet hardware design for ethernet and Wifi
- Wireless low power systems including cellular NB-IoT, LoRa, Zigbee, WiFi and ISM band
- Low power switched mode power supplies.
- Telephony products including full ACA compliance.
- All products are designed to pass EMC compliance first time.
- Schematic and PCB capture using Altium
- Windows software in C++ and VB
- Mobile software for Android and iPhone
- Specialists in application code to communicate with hardware peripherals to make your IoT project come to life.
- C, Python and assembler firmware for most microcontrollers.
- Support all processors from 8 bit to 32 bit.
- Code written for many applications including TCP/IP, USB, LPWAN, cellular, IoT.
- All firmware is flowcharted at the beginning, and updated during development.
- Flowcharting is done using appropriate commercial software.
- Mechanical and industrial design.
- Plastic enclosure design for new products.
- Rapid plastics and injection moulded
Prototyping and Field Trials
- Used to validate the entire solution – electronics, software, enclosures etc.
- We go on site and remain on site at the manufacturer’s premises to supervise the prototype build, identify and document issues, resolve them and design them out at the next revision.
- Multiple units will be field trialled – typically six to twelve in actual customer sites. This allows you to provide a heads up of the new product for potential customers to leverage initial orders.
- Feedback and evaluation of results and issues throughout the trials is provided to the client.
Production and Documentation
- We generate detailed drawings and manufacturing instructions including the bill of materials with alternate suppliers and substitute products. Nothing is left to chance.
- We go on site and remain on site at the manufacturer’s premises to supervise and assist the first production run and ensure a smooth transition to market.
Customer Acceptance Testing
- We work in conjunction with the customer to verify the product specifications have been satisfied through testing and evaluation.
- We also verify “fit for purpose” specifications have been met.
- Customer acceptance testing is usually undertaken face to face with the customer.